- In the Bible, being a church isn’t about buildings, seminary-trained leaders, or institutions. Rather, the church is a group of followers of Jesus who base their lives on Jesus and His Word, encourage each other to live lives that are a sacrifice of worship to Him, witness to the world, baptize new followers, teach and encourage each other to obey all of Jesus’ commands, and share to meet needs.
• Pray for the Spirit to flourish in every gathering of followers of Jesus around the globe, that His light might shine brightly throughout the earth.
• Pray for the small groups (house churches) in movements, that they would follow the example of the first followers in Acts 2:42.42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
• Ask God to renew in us, His children, His vision as stated in Ex 19:5-6.
5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you[a] will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”
• Pray for God’s protection over the simple churches that have started through movements, that they will continue to find unity in humility (Phil 2:1-4). (Robin Smith)
2 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
We are so proud of these ladies who have opened up their home to do a simple church reaching these neighborhood household maids and their children. They are discipling the moms, teenagers and children as they invite them over for fellowship and tutoring. These ladies are illiterate and without smart phones. So they simply share stories and the stories are passed on by them to their neighbors in the village they live in each week. It’s a beautiful thing to see how simple passing on the truths about Jesus can be. Let’s pray for them as they make disciple makers. Anybody can do this – this is just a small balcony that God can use for His glory in North India.