These photos represent miracles God has done rescuing people from Hindu villages, slums, and gangs. The father and the bride photo represents a family that was barren having five grown kids and the first one just got married! God is still doing miracles and we need to keep asking for more!
Read this story:
- Acts 9:32-35 NIV
- As Peter traveled about the country,he went to visit the Lord’s people who lived in. 33 There he found a man named Aeneas, who was paralyzed and had been bedridden for eight years. 34 “Aeneas,” Peter said to him, “Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and roll up your mat.” Immediately Aeneas got up. 35 All those who lived in Lydda and Sharon saw him and turned to the Lord
- What stands out to you from the story?
- Why do you think miracles are so powerful in the spread of the gospel?
- What are some things that miracles communicate to unbelievers about Jesus?
- What diﬀerence have you seen healing, deliverance, and miracles make in the spread of the gospel in your own experience?
Pray for Miracles:
Set an alarm on your phone or watch for 4:30pm. Each day this week pray the prayer of Acts 4:29-30:
“Lord, stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
Does the thought of doing miracles, healing and deliverance in the name of Jesus excite you or terrify you or both? Why?
Let’s take some time in silence now to listen to the Holy Spirit: “Spirit of God, we want you to move through us with the same compassion and power that people experienced through Jesus.
What did you hear God say to you? Would a couple of you like to share?
Then at least three times this week, outside of church or small group settings, pray for miracles with unbelievers. Two ways you can do this might be:
- When a coworker, friend, or stranger expresses a need, ask, “Can I pray for you right now?” Then say a short pray for them.
- Ask a friend, coworker, or classmate: “If you were to ask God for a miracle for yourself right now, what would it be?” Then pray your best prayer, asking God for that miracle. (Jim Egli)
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
amen to all these miracles!!!
On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 8:47 AM Rick and Ellen’s Notes wrote:
> Rick and Ellen’s Notes posted: ” These photos represent miracles God has > done rescuing people from Hindu villages, slums, and gangs. The father and > the bride photo represents a family that was barren having five grown kids > and the first one just got married! God is still doing mir” >