- Most of the churches that are formed in disciple making movements are small, reproducible fellowships of 10-30 members. They meet in homes, stores, coffee shops, under trees—the normal gathering points in their societies. Many small groups dispersed throughout a city or community have a greater impact than a large, centralized group.
• Pray for disciple makers to stop inviting lost friends & neighbours to Christian activities, and to instead plant God’s Kingdom IN households of lost people, as Peter did in Acts 10:22-27.
22 The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” 23 Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests. The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the believers from Joppa went along. 24 The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26 But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.” 27 While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people.• Pray for God to multiply and strengthen simple churches/house churches throughout UPGs (unreached people groups), like we see in Romans 16:5:
5 Greet also the church that meets at their house.
; Col 4:15
15 Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her house.
& Philemon 2.
2 also to Apphia our sister and Archippus our fellow soldier—and to the church that meets in your home:
• Pray Rom 16:17-20 for house churches all over the world.
17 I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18 For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
• Pray for the small groups (house churches) in movements, that they would follow the
example of the first followers in Acts 2:42.
- 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. (Robin Smith ideas)
Let’s pray that small groups in houses will multiply all over the world to reach the unreached people in their own setting. We are beginning to see this happen in India and Sri Lanka.
In one village outside Darjeeling, one woman got healed after prayer and her whole household now believes in Jesus. Neighbors gather in her kitchen to hear stories at night and now another household believes through her testimony. More and more people in this village are beginning to hear stories of Jesus and believe.